Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Perverse Pleasure

June 7. To get a head start
by  Joanne Kyger

                             Yea, but I'm too old
                             Yea, but I'm growing too old
                             To wait around this long
                             ______________________

                             Nobody wants to sit with me
                             _______________________


Forgive this interlude for a while: I became infinitely
glamorous and careless, like the best memory, of past
loves.
___________________________________________

I often tell women's secrets to men
___________________________________________

It was open, in the clear gray, morning. Babies
cries, and a dog barks, birds shrill from the top
of the trees.
            I'm going to run away from all this.
I am going to enter into another dimension.
            Oh my little head and hope. I am projected
ahead. I will realize the continuum from the past.
I will not be abusive, I am smitten in glory.
           I am full of hopeful rushing. On into
the high out rocking waves.


No comments:

Perverse Pleasure

Madhuja'r jonmodiney lekha kobita - Anindya Chatterjee জুলাই মাসে, কোনও কোনও জন্মদিন আসে। ঘরের পাশে,ভিড়ের বাসে স্মৃতির ঘাসে, জলোচ্ছ...