Monday, November 11, 2019
Sunday, November 10, 2019
From Rukmadi's post. Saving it here since it's an awesome recipe!!
1) Slice the aubergines longitudinally as is in the picture.
Dunk the sliced pieces in a large bowl of water to which some turmeric powder and salt has been added. Let soak for about 10 minutes.
Take out and rinse thoroughly again under running water and put aside over a sieve so all the excess water can drain off.
2) Make a thick paste of salt-turmeric-chilli powder, mixed in mustard oil. Apply this generously over the sliced pieces of aubergines and let the aubergines rest for about 5/8 minutes.
3) Smoke MO in a pan and deep fry the aubergines till done. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the plate in which you will be serving. Do not over load please.
4) Make a slurry of tamarind water with a pinch of jaggery added to it. Sprinkle over the aubergines. You may also use lemon juice instead with some sprinkling of sugar added to it. Do not drench the aubergines. It is just to add a little extra tang.
5) Beat hung curd/greek yoghurt till creamy. Please ensure the curd is not too sour. Pour this over the brinjals.
6) Heat fresh mustard oil and temper with black mustard seeds, minced ginger, split chana/chholar dal, whole dried red chillies and some curry leaves. Once they start crackling, move it aside, let cool for a few seconds and pour over the curd, along-with the little oil that these were fried in.
7) Garnish with fresh green coriander chopped and slit green chillies.
Madhuja'r jonmodiney lekha kobita - Anindya Chatterjee জুলাই মাসে, কোনও কোনও জন্মদিন আসে। ঘরের পাশে,ভিড়ের বাসে স্মৃতির ঘাসে, জলোচ্ছ...
Diane di Prima Song for Spring Equinox It is the first day of spring, the children are singing (they are supposed to be sleeping) the cloc...
Impermanence By Alex Dimitrov Issue no. 227 (Winter 2018) The first ending. And knowing it would end I wanted another. Lover, summer, pen wi...