Sunday, March 15, 2020

It's not you anymore



I don't know why sometimes old obsessions fail to die
The hurt still hurts and the tears still prick the back of my eyes
As I wistfully gaze at where life has led
Across continents, datelines and a whole milieu of feelings in between
Now, that you have someone to call your own...
And I have my hand to hold 
I sometimes wonder what it was all about and what I still try to hold
It is that me that I miss
The innocence and the angst and the wide-eyedness
The blushes and the desperate hopefulness
Everything washed away in the summer rain
The pain, the pain of the stabbing words
The final cleanse that ended it all
Not just a relationship but also a phase of life
When I was happiest of all

No comments:

Perverse Pleasure

Madhuja'r jonmodiney lekha kobita - Anindya Chatterjee জুলাই মাসে, কোনও কোনও জন্মদিন আসে। ঘরের পাশে,ভিড়ের বাসে স্মৃতির ঘাসে, জলোচ্ছ...