Sunday, April 4, 2010

Grow old along with me...


Friends are special. If you are a friend, it means you were specially chosen. Not because of any accident of birth or an unavoidable circumstance. It's because that person wants you there.

I really haven't had much luck with love in my life. I thought I loved someone, but that was apparently not enough... but, I have been truly fortunate with the friends in my life. Some of them, I have known since school, some from my college and university years and various others whom I met while working or through other friends. I also have great "social networking" friends.

Statistically speaking, I suppose I know more women than men.

I suppose studying in a girls' school and college automatically makes you more comfortable with girl friends... which of course doesn't mean that I do not appreciate my guy friends!

I have best friends and gangs of friends... and friends with whom I share specific interests... I have friends I have known over 20 years and also friends who are perhaps a few hours old...

I have friends about whom I know everything and yet I am close to kindred souls online about whom I know nothing at all save the fact that they write divinely or take fabulous photos... I have 3 am friends and also 10 am friends... rainy day friends and friends who see you through your best times...

I have friends who feel the need to protect me and some whom I feel personally responsible for...
I have friends with clout and friends who wouldn't hurt a fly to save their lives... I have friends who are serious and others who don't have a single solemn thought in their minds... I have blissfully happy married friends and glad to be single friends... I have friends who are almost as bad as me and some who are complete inspirations...

I have friends who are family and some family members who are like best friends... I am damned lucky and not a day goes by when I don't appreciate that fact.

Whoever you all are, whatever shape or form, with you in my life - I am blessed.

No comments:

Perverse Pleasure

Madhuja'r jonmodiney lekha kobita - Anindya Chatterjee জুলাই মাসে, কোনও কোনও জন্মদিন আসে। ঘরের পাশে,ভিড়ের বাসে স্মৃতির ঘাসে, জলোচ্ছ...